We are pleased to offer many types of therapeutic massage in our Alexandria VA center. Massage is a great way to soothe the mind and body while promoting healing and enhancing your immune system.
The best way to reduce your stress and lower your anxiety levels is to relax, which is always easier said than done.
The strokes and pressure your massage therapist applies serves to relax muscles, relieving built-up tension. If you are feeling a bit run down or you are experiencing a mild form of depression, a massage will relax your entire body and give you more energy, freeing your mind and allowing you to release the stress and anxiety in your mind and body.
Reduced stress is a benefit often gained through massage. Stress can be both physical and mental. Stress can physically occur within muscles after injury or overuse causing a buildup of tension resulting in an increase in pain. Stress can occur mentally due to restricted movement, pain or injury. Mental stress is caused by a hormone called cortisol which can also increase anxiety and depression. Where small amounts of stress can be good for a person, too much stress can cause pain, fear and self-doubt.
Research has also indicated that getting a massage can work to lower your blood pressure, ease tension headaches, and help you get a good night’s sleep. The process will also boost your immunity system to prevent sickness and seasonal infections.
Tyra offers therapeutic massage to address soft tissue injury and dysfunction, chronic pain and stress management.
What to Expect from Your Massage Therapy Visit
Massages are by appointment only and can be booked for 60 or 90 minutes.
The Many Benefits and Applications of Massage Therapy
- Improve blood flow to the muscles and organs
- Increase range of motion to the muscles and joints
- Relax overworked muscles
- Work out trigger points and help decrease lactic acid build up
- Take less pain medication
- Decrease fatigue/increase energy
- Increase overall circulation
- Decrease anxiety
- Improve sleep and restoration
- Decrease muscle cramping
- Lessen muscle spasms
- Aid in recovery from athletic activity
- Decrease adhesions in the joints and muscles
- Decrease back and neck pain
- Loosen tight shoulders from bad posture or too much computer work
- Aid in pregnancy pain and ease of delivery
- Aid in overall health and well-being
How to Get More Information
The best way to get answers to your questions is to ask Alexandria VA Massage Therapist
How to Make an Appointment
. To make an appointment, call the main office phone number at 703-721-0500.
Learn About Other Integrated Services at Bodnar Chiropractic Center
Alexandria, VA 22306