- Back pain is the number one disability for those under age 45.
- In the United States of America alone, there is an expected 31 million people with lower back pain at any given time.
- Back pain runs second, after only the common cold, as the top reason for visiting a healthcare provider in the United States.
- Experts place the likelihood of any person to experience some type of back problem in their lifetime at about 80%. That's four out of every five people!
- Over 50 billion dollars are spent per year in the pursuit of clearing up cases of back pain.
- Around 30 to 40 percent of all workplace absences are due to back pain.
- Approximately one quarter of U.S. adults reported having low back pain lasting at least one whole day in the past three months, and 7.6 percent reported at least one episode of severe acute low back pain within a one-year period.
- One-half of all working Americans admit to having back pain symptoms each year.
- Approximately 2 percent of the U.S. work force is compensated for back injuries each year
- Lower back pain accounts for two thirds of all back pain-related cases.
- More than two-thirds of back strains are caused by lifting and other exertions like pulling and pushing.
- Most cases of back pain are mechanical or non-organic-meaning they are not caused by serious conditions, such as inflammatory arthritis, infection, fracture or cancer.
The key to proper treatment of back pain is to understand the cause. Remember, pain is always a sign that something else is wrong and if continually ignored may lead to more serious harm. Chiropractors are experts in assessing the root cause of your back pain and putting you on the right course to recovery..
How to Get More Information
The best way to get answers to your questions is to ask us. You can give us a call during business hours or Email the Doctor.
How to Make an Appointment
To make an appointment, call the main office phone number at 703-721-0500 or use the Request an Appointment button below to submit an online request.
Learn About Our Integrated Service Offerings
Alexandria, VA 22306